Friday, 13 April 2007

getting started

i've had a Task in my Outlook Task-list for some time now. it has no Due Date for completion. it's just one word: "Write"

so i've decided, after some months, to get started...

there are a few values that have begun to shape my life. i find myself increasingly committed to them. lately i've been feeling that i'd like to write about them. For me, thinking comes after speaking - I speak before I think! somehow it's in the speaking (esp if it's a conversation) that ideas are born and values are clarified.

Some of the things i'd like to write about and explore are:

living sustainably - seeing the journey through, i'm interested in sticking around for the long-run. so many really good people have burned themselves out - not because they had the wrong ideas or intentions - but because they allowed the demands of activity to drain them of more than is possible for one person to give.
living transparently - risking living a see-through life and exposing the hidden and speaking the unspoken. I am curious to explore what happens when the personal and the public are allowed to mingle and wander into each other "territory".
integrity - the integration of "opposites" that are the result of centuries of dualistic thinking...
  • integration of my body life and sexuality into my life as a whole
  • integration of spirituality into my life as a whole
  • integrating values that I hold in principle into my life in practise - bringing theory and practice together.
so, I expect that i will want to write personal things and explore (even interrogate) myself. I will want to interrogate assumptions - my own, those of the environment in which i live - to see whether they stand up to scrutiny. I want to ask if our "taken-for-granted's" deserve their taken-for-granted status. And I will look forward to participation from others who may offer words that help support and encourage these values.

No comments: